Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Last Post"

This might not actually be my last post.
I hope to read more Nabokov over the holidays, and though fewer people may read my posts, I may still continue to blog as I go.
It will certainly prove more difficult, however, as I won't have the benefit of our community of blogs to spark ideas and assist my discoveries. I must say that I have truly benefited and reveled in the community we have formed. It seems that whenever I read a classmate's blog post, I am able to complete a dangling particle of thought that has been hanging in my mind. Even if it doesn't (in the technical sense) provide an answer, it bounces me to a new haze of understanding.

I absolutely enjoyed James' final words, and in the same spirit (though much less adeptly) I post a poem:

In the haze
Of the maze
Of the circuit board,
The bobolink trills its wild array,
And winds
Through the maze
Of the snake green ways
To pour
In us a daze,
A waver up our spine.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know which Nabokov book you choose to read so that I might read it too and we can be in conversation....hopefully others will join. I'll be watching your blog for new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I suggest or request that we read Look at the Harelquins?

    ReplyDelete